In Attendance: Karen Asenavage, Ken Hyde, Frances O’Brien
Reviewed Important Updates:
- Budget needs to be sent to Michelle by the end of the week (06/26) for next year. Ken went over the budget summary and proposals for 2014/2015. Karen provided reconciliation from year’s events which ELI office sold tickets and netted profit. The proceeds will be allocated on a visa gift card and used for summer events.
- Discussed transition of leadership and filling IC board, including the following for consideration:
- The creation of 2 member-at-large positions, including an international Faculty member and an international Staff member, to represent their constituent groups.
- Holding an election for these 2 positions
- Filling the Secretary and Vice-Chair roles by strategic selection (not election by constituency)
- Creation of a Past-Chair position on the Caucus
- Creation of a social media position to assist with photos, social media updates, etc.
Brainstormed Goals for 2015-2016:
- Health report on international hiring – May include a brief survey of the campus community to determine what stakeholders know about hiring international employees
- Something Caucus-related in HR on-boarding packets
- A training program for campus community that mirrors “allies” training, and focuses on supporting international visitors on campus in a culturally sensitive way.
- An award of some kind which acknowledges the achievement of someone making strides toward internationalization and support of the International community
- Engage constituency through more active social media presence, and appearance at Scholar Orientations and HR events