One of the often forgotten benefits of living in the Northeast is that we have the pleasure of experiencing all four of the seasons.  While we take for granted that spring becomes summer, which becomes fall, which becomes winter, there are many Americans who do not know what this feels like.  Ask anybody from the Northeast and they will tell you that they definitely have a favorite season, along with a laundry list of reasons why.  As you may have guessed, I absolutely love fall.  Sure, the many days of summer without school, where the sun is bright and the nights are long, sound really appealing. However in my opinion, summer has nothing on all of the perks of fall:

• The weather: Not too hot, not too cold.  I like it when things are just right, (So, from now on, go ahead and call me Goldilocks).  I really don’t find the idea of either freezing my butt off or sweating like a pig to be all that appealing.
  • New season = new wardrobe: When the weather starts to cool off, that means it’s time to switch out the clothes in my closet!  I can finally replace those flip flops, tank tops, and neon colors with sweaters, jeans, and earth colors.  Plus, I have always found that it’s easier to add a layer to stay warm!
  • Football: Fall means that the NFL season is officially underway, and my apologies to baseball, but I consider football to be America’s pastime.
  • Halloween: The fall means that it is socially acceptable to play dress up, decorate your home in creepy things, and scare little children (note: I don’t necessarily support this)!  And, it’s also an excuse to eat tons of delicious candy!
  • Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING: Pumpkin makes everything better, and with the fall approaching, more and more of your favorite foods, drinks, and anything else you can think of will have the wonderful addition of nature’s favorite gourd infused into it.
  • Thanksgiving: The most special of holidays where we have the opportunity to give thanks for all of the positive aspects of our lives, watch various parades/football games, and eat until we fall asleep due to the high amounts of tryptophan (hey, you just learned something!)

And last, but certainly not least, may I have a drum roll please…the single greatest reason why fall is the best season…

It means that Christmas is right around the corner!

Have a happy fall, everybody!

Go ahead and tell me that this DOESN'T look incredible!

Go ahead and tell me that this DOESN’T look incredible!

~Scott Eisenhart