The GSG organizes many different events, ranging from casual to formal, social to academic, and independent to co-sponsored. We have two committees that focus on these events:
1. Events Committee (Chair: Yuliya Brel): Focuses on the two major annual events of the GSG, which is the Graduate Student Gala and the Graduate Research Forum, co-sponsored by the Office of Graduate & Professional Education
2. Social Committee (Chair: John Stout): Responsible for all other events, including UD Night @ Yuletide at Winterthur, regularly scheduled Meet & Greets, and all casual events.
3. Communications Committee (Chair: Eric Chen): Manages social media, website, and other online and on-campus presence to disseminate GSG event information and dates.
Upcoming Events: GSG Information Flyer
1. Building Bridges: Advancing Research and Communication Across Disciplines – The 8th Annual GSG Forum
8:30am – 6:00pm on Friday, April 20, 2018 (Forum Flyer)
Save the date and plan to attend our annual Graduate Student Research Forum, a conference-like gathering of students and faculty to present their work and creative endeavors and engage with audience members from all of UD’s graduate programs. Click here to register for the 8th Annual Graduate Students’ Forum (free lunch and gift included!). And for more information, or to see the schedule of events, check the forum website! Registeration is open now until the end of March.
SENATORS: To volunteer at the Forum, please fill out this form by Friday, April 6th, 2018!
GRADUATE STUDENT PARTICIPANTS: Those who are interested are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at the Forum as well, to help set up the Forum and assist Forum-goers. Please fill out the form here.
2. Graduate Student Gala – May 4th, 2018
Details coming soon.
Past events 2017:
4. Yuletide at Winterthur is the Annual Winter Cultural Event and was held on December 06, 2017.
3. “Night at The Theatre” as part of GSG Welcome Graduate Students event on October 06, 2017 @ 7.30 pm, the performance of “The Mountaintop“.
2. “GSG Welcome Picnic” at Fairfield Park (New London Road) on Friday, September 08 at 6:00 PM.It will be a potluck. GSG Welcome Picnic Flyer
1. GSG Park Clean-up and Picnic – The sustainability committee hosted GSG Park Clean-up and Picnic at Fairfield Park on Thursday –July 13, 2017, at 5:00 PM.
Past Event 2016:
Welcome Back Event: Meet & Greet on the Green – Thursday, September 15, 4:30 – 6:00 PM on the Green in front of Gore Hall
Gala at the University Museum – Friday, October 7, 5:30-7pm, 7:30-9:00pm, Old College
UD Night @ Yuletide at Winterthur – Wednesday, November 30, 4:30 – 8:30 PM at the Winterthur Museum, Garden, and Library
Last year’s events:
Sixth Annual Graduate Research Forum – Thursday, April 28th, 2016 at Clayton Hall Conference Center. Get all of the details on the brand new Forum website, and make sure to register by Friday, April 17!
The events from the 2013-2014 academic year included:
1. 3rd Annual Graduate Student Gala, co-sponsored by the UD REP, November 15th, 2013
2. UD Night @ Yuletide at Winterthur, December 11th, 2013
3. Winter Session Meet & Greet, January 10th, 2014
4. Fourth Annual Graduate Student Forum, April 23rd, 2014