Upon entering the program, students will meet with a faculty advisor who will assess their IT experience. Those students with insufficient experience in IT will take either a three-credit Consulting Project (BUAD 899) or High Tech Entrepreneurship (BUEC 860) as their elective. Students with sufficient IT experience will be able to choose one elective course. Other courses may be substituted with the approval of the faculty advisor.
Sample elective courses include:
- BUEC 860: High Tech Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- BUAD 884: E-Commerce (3 credits)
- ACCT 805: Current Issues In MIS (3 credits)
- BUAD 871: Managing for Creativity and Innovation (3 credits)
- Topics in Corporate Communication Systems (3 credits)
- Knowledge Management (3 credits)
- Special Topics (1–3 credits)
- Consulting Project (1–3 credits)
See course descriptions for Elective Courses for the MS in MIS Program here.