Hawaii: The Best Experience of My Life!

Submitted by Luke Meyer on the 2018 winter session program in Hawaii sponsored by the Department of Biological Sciences…

I just finished my last day of class for the 2018 Hawaii BISC Study Abroad Program, and I cannot believe it went by so quickly. It feels like just yesterday that my Mom was nagging me because I hadn’t finished packing the day before I was leaving. I remember one of my biggest fears before going on this program was that I wasn’t going to know anyone and I wasn’t going to have many friends for the month, but now I just look back and shake my head at myself. If only I knew that I would make so many memories with so many great people, I think my mind would have been a little more at ease before going away. This program has made me grow in so many ways and I am so grateful for that. This was my first time being so far away from home, for an extended period of time and I survived. I managed to get through grocery shopping and cooking for myself just fine! I knew before coming on this program that I would enjoy myself (I mean how couldn’t I have – it was a month in Hawaii) but I never knew that I was about to have the best experience of my life. Now, if anyone ever asks, I will forever say that everyone should study abroad.