Australia: Memories

Submitted by Veronica Mikhail on the 2017 spring semester program in Sydney, Australia…

There are views here that are forever tattooed into my mind. The first thing, I noticed in terms of cultural difference is that Australia takes pride in their aesthetic appeal. There is a beautiful metropolitan essence that consumes Sydney and I am confident that this is what I will miss the most after the program ends.

The beaches! Looking over the Pacific Ocean, the first thing that pleases the eye is the way the sky touches the water. It is just another indication of how big and amazing the planet earth truly is. I have come to understand that we could spend all our lives seeking new locations to explore, but we will never be finished.

This is one of the few places I went to with ALL of my roommates. It’s a giant ball pit. To say that our bonding experiences were memorable is an understatement. It is a small example of the significance of true friendship. Adventures are truly better with another companion.