Weekend in Amsterdam

Submitted by Olivia Toth on the 2016 fall semester study abroad program in Paris, France…

Over the weekend, my friend and I traveled to Amsterdam.  We had some bumps in the road getting there.  Or in other words ,we missed our evening train on Thursday to get there, but our tickets were able to be exchanged for an early morning train.   I was so excited to get there.  This city is much different than Paris.  We could basically walk everywhere in a maximum of thirty minutes, and that made it easy to understand why so many people bike in this city!  The bikes greatly outnumbered the cars, and our Uber driver was quick to tell us that drivers don’t like bikers because the city has laws to better protect bikers.  For example, if a biker hits a car, it’s still the car’s fault.  I loved seeing all the canals in the city.  They were so beautiful, and I took many pictures of them.  The hotel we stayed in was conveniently located very close to the Van Gogh Museum, so we enjoyed touring that and seeing the paintings we  learned about in art class.canal-amsterdam-olivia-toth-16f-paris-sm