Study Abroad: It’s Worth the Work

Submitted by Danielle Leppo on the 2016 spring semester program in Rome, Italy…

The entire process of applying for study abroad and for a study visa in another country is daunting and exhausting work; but I can assure you that once you are abroad and experiencing new things and meeting incredible new people you will know that all your hard work and stress was completely worth it in the end. These experiences really will last a lifetime and everyone’s experience is unique; you are the one in control when you are abroad. You are the one choosing how to spend your time, with whomever you choose, and in whichever country you desire to see.

My time abroad is quickly approaching its end. I am beyond excited to see my family and be home, but my love for Europe, and Rome specifically, has flourished and I know I will miss my freedom and my new friends. Studying abroad is such a freeing and beneficial experience. Of course there is stress and drama involved, but all those moments help shape our time abroad and define who we are. Rise to new challenges and try new things; you will be glad you did when you look back and see all that you achieved and experienced.Rock in Capri Danielle Leppo 16S Rome sm