Tuesday in Sweden

Submitted by Nina Freiberger on the 2015 spring semester DIS (Denmark’s International Study Program) program in Copenhagen, Denmark…

This week was really great! I had my first field trip, and took my first trip on my own. On Tuesday,  a friend and I went to a town called Lund, Sweden. It was an unbelievably, adorable town with a surprising amount to do. We went to two different museums and two different churches. We spent the whole day there and just took a train home when we got tired. It was much easier than we thought to get there so we are now hoping to take more trips to Sweden on Tuesdays if we can.

Church in Lund Sweden Nina Freiberger 15S DIS Copenhagen sm

On Wednesday, I had my first field trip for my History of Sexuality in Europe Class. We went on a walking tour of Copenhagen with special attention to areas that were significant to LGBT history and places that held significance to sexual rights issues. My favorite stop was City Hall, which was a beautiful building, and holds special significance since it was the site of the first gay marriage. This week is my core course week, and I will be traveling to Western Denmark with my class, I am so excited!