Eating Well in London

Submitted by Alexa Hosino on the 2014 spring semester study abroad program in London, England…

This past weekend my sister came to visit.  It was the most jammed packed 5 days I’ve had in a while.  For starters, we had traditional afternoon tea at the luxurious Savoy Hotel in central London.  Treated like royalty, we had finger sandwiches, pastries, a variety of desserts and of course tea.

Tea at Savoy Hotel Alexa Hosino 14S London smThe next day we decided to just explore around London, with no real plan in mind.  We started at the amazing Borough Market where I finally got to have falafal.  Then we explored thearea of Mayfair.  A very posh and swanky part of town lined with designer shops and the cutest cafes.  We then went on the London Eye, and ended the evening at a quaint French restaurant called Les Deux Salons.  Of course, we had to browse around Harrods (which we frequented on more than one occasion), and enjoyed amazing sushi while shopping.  I finally got to try Indian food at the world renowned Amaya restaurant (a suggestion by Gweneth Paltrow via the internet).  All and all it was a fabulous weekend of explorations and fine dining.

Sisters in Harrods Alexa Hosino 14S London sm

Dessert Alexa Hosino 14S London sm

Entree Alexa Hosino 14S London sm