News, events, and announcements for the UD GIS community, Dec 2012/Jan 2013
- Happy Holidays, our gift to you: 2012 Delaware Imagery from the USGS and DGDC! (must be downloaded from a UD connection, on campus or VPN). Downloading at “off-peak” times is highly encouraged.
- In the end, Google did not grant our campus use of Google Earth Pro, but rather asked that individuals (faculty, staff, and students) who wish to use the software should directly submit a request here. However, we are still planning on obtaining licenses for our two workstations in Smith.
Recent UD GIS Blog posts
- Debugging maptiler on Mac
- My Places Overlays on Maptiler
- Hit the geocoding wall?
- NOAA/NCDC CLIMAPS #2
- Web Maps for Digital Humanties
- 4/8/13: FME User Meeting, Washington, DC
- 5/21-23/13: 2013 UCGIS Symposium, Collaboration Across Communities: GIScience 2.0 and Beyond
- 6/4-6/7/13: Spatial Statistics Ohio State Columbus, OH
Past Events and Webinars
- DGDC Meeting DRAFT minutes from the November 8th meeting are now available.
- The Cartography and Geographic Information Society has opened nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Career Award
- UCGIS Awards, nominations for both due 2/1/13
- The UCGIS Research Award recognizes an outstanding work or accomplishment of a member of the UCGIS community. UCGIS seeks nominations for scholars who have made specific, significant contributions to the field.
- The UCGIS Education Award recognizes scholars with an outstanding track record of contributions to GIS&T education. Education Award winners are generally recognized for broad contributions and a record of leadership in GIScience education.
- Funded PhD Assistantship Opportunities
- The School of Geography and Development at the University of Arizona is seeking to fill one Graduate Teaching Assistant position for the Masters of Science in Geographic Information Systems Technology (MS-GIST) program beginning August 26, 2013.
- Funded PhD Studentship in Remote Sensing and Forest Landscape Modeling at UNC Charlotte expected to start in August 2013
- 2 Funded PhD RA (GIS, Remote Sensing) Positions at Texas A&M
Area/Forwarded Job Postings (if no link, email me email@example.com, and I’ll forward the email announcements)
- Associate DBA/Systems Administrator (GIS), City of Philadelphia Office of Innovation & Technology, Philadelphia, PA
- Solution Engineer Manager, Esri, Philadelphia, PA
- ArcGIS Server Developer, GeoDecisions, Baltimore, MD
- GIS Analyst I & II, Washington College GIS Program, Chestertown, MD
- Sr. SW Web Developer, NASA Goddard, Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc, Greenbelt, MD
- Senior Staff Associate, Center for International Earth Science Information Network at Columbia University Palisades, NY
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or ideas that you’d like to discuss