Upcoming UD GIS Coffee Hour Meeting:
- June 13: Census Bureau: The Other Nine Years, presented by Noemi Mendez (Census)
Time: 10:00-11:30 PM
Location: Pearson Hall, room 304 (Studio C)
Welcome to GIS at UD!
UD community members have been working with GIS for over 25 years. Today, GIS is used in some way in most colleges and departments on campus. Support for GIS at UD is sponsored by units in the Library and Information Technologies.
News & Events
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 from 10:30 to 12:00 am in Pearson Hall room 305 (Studio B) the State of Delaware GIS will be presenting an OverView of FirstMap enterprise GIS. This meeting is open to all (students are welcome!). More specifically they will address:
- what’s available
- how to access data
- how to access services
- how to download available data
- data sharing capabilities
- Story Maps and Web Apps
Other topics that will be covered at this meeting include
- passes to the Esri UC 2017
- Esri license server 2017-2018
Contact Olena Smith (email@example.com) if you would like to join the meeting via telephone/video conferencing.
Coffee and doughnuts will be provided!
Would you like to be part of the world’s largest GIS conference? It’s time to apply for an assistantship.
Location: San Diego, CA
Dates: July 7-14, 2017
Application Due Date: April 7, 2017
“Assistantships are open to graduate students and fourth-year undergraduate students who are also
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Familiar with GIS software and geospatial applications
- Available to arrive in San Diego Friday, July 7, 2017 and work through Friday, July 14, 2017
What’s in it for you?
- Full registration to the Esri User Conference
- Hotel accommodations
- Per diem allowance for meals (you only pay for your travel and personal expenses)
- The latest updates in GIS technology
- A chance to surround yourself with like-minded GIS users/professionals
- Professional connections that may potentially lead to career opportunities in GIS” (from www.esri.com)