UD#1 CARDS (University ID Cards)
|Section:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services Policies|
|Policy Name:||UD#1 CARDS|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Office of Human Resources|
|Origination Date:||September 7, 1999|
|Revisions:||October 19, 2009|
|Legacy Policy Number:||4-14|
To specify the purpose, issuance, and cancellation of UD#1 cards.
- All employees are issued UD#1 CARDS that entitle them to the use or rights and privileges extended to cardholders. All employee UD#1 CARDS are authorized by the HR Systems Administration Office (HRSA) and issued by the UD#1 CARD Office.
- The following personnel classes are eligible for UD#1 CARDS:
- 200 – Administration
- 202 – Full-time professional
- 203 – Part-time professional
- 205 – Off-campus professionals
- 208 – Post Doctorate
- 209 – Post-Doctorate
- 210 – Department Chairs
- 211 – Full-time faculty
- 212 – Part-time faculty
- 215 – Off-campus faculty
- 216 – Academic Center Directors
- 217 – Visiting faculty
- 218 – Visiting Professionals
- 219 – Adjuncts
- 230 – Full-time salaried staff
- 231 – AFSCME #439
- 233 – Other hourly
- 234 – AFSCME #3472
- 235 – Full-time salaried Staff – 40 hours
- 236 – Part-time salaried staff
- 239 – Part-time salaried staff – based on 40 hours
- 263 – Resident assistant
- 270 – Limited Term Researcher
- 271 – Part-time Limited Term Researcher
- 272 – Post Doctoral Researcher
- 273 – Part-time Post Doctoral Researcher
- 311 – Emeritus faculty
- University affiliate UD#1 CARDS are available to those persons who are part of the University community but who are not regular University employees. This group may include Military Sciences, consulting physicians, Beneficial Insect Lab, consultants, visiting scholars, Credit Union, and research interns. Other affiliate cards may be approved by HRSA on an individual basis.
- The spouse of a University faculty, professional or salaried staff member is eligible for a University ID card. Cards may be obtained by visiting the Student Services Building during normal business hours. Both parties must be present and must show a valid ID with photo (e.g. the University employee- his or her UD card; spouse – a valid driver’s license).
- The UD#1 CARD is the property of the University of Delaware and becomes void when employment ceases.
- All employees must return the UD#1 CARD to PRO when employment terminates. All spouse UD#1 CARDS must also be returned to PRO.
- The UD#1 CARD is not transferable.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to the UD#1 CARD Office.