Telephone and Cellular Regulations
|Section:||Information Technology Policies|
|Policy Name:||Telephone and Cellular Regulations|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Information Technologies|
|Origination Date:||October 1, 1981|
|Revisions:||June 5, 1989; July 1, 2005; October 17, 2008; June 17, 2009|
|Legacy Policy Number:||2-14|
- PURPOSETo state the University telephone policy.
- Requests for telecommunications services must be made through IT-NSS/Telephone Services. Departments may select and procure commodity telecommunications devices (e.g., analog phones, caller ID units and other accessories) from the vendor of their choosing or through Telephone Services. Cellular devices and service plans must be ordered through IT-NSS/Telephone Services. IT-NSS/Telephone Services can assist departments in selecting and acquiring equipment and services suitable for their needs. Departments wishing to add specialized equipment that modifies or adds to existing voice applications (e.g., key systems, call distribution systems, etc.) must process a request through IT-NSS/Telephone Services.
- Departments are responsible for reviewing their monthly landline and cellular telecommunications charge statements to verify the accuracy of the charges, and to identify personal charges, based on call records. Personal charges should be kept to a minimum. Personal telecommunications expenses must be reimbursed by accountable employees within 30 days of departmental billing through the use of a Cash Transmittal Web Form crediting the proper purpose code.
- The use of telecommunication services and equipment must be in compliance with the Policy for Responsible Computing at the University of Delaware, Policy 1-14, and Employee’s Use of E-Communication, Policy 1-19.
- Rates for services are set to recover the costs of those services.