Supplemental Financial and Risk-Sharing Policy: Cooperative Professional and Continuing Studies Programs with Off-Campus Organizations
|Policy Name:||Supplemental Financial and Risk-Sharing Policy: Cooperative Professional and Continuing Studies Programs with Off-Campus Organizations|
|Responsible University Office:||Office of Graduate and Professional Education|
|Origination Date:||February 1, 1980|
|Revisions:||March 1996; July 1, 2005|
|Legacy Policy Number:||3-20|
- PURPOSETo stimulate the expansion of cooperative University of Delaware Professional and Continuing Studies activity with off-campus groups such as professional societies, community and cultural organizations, and other educational institutions.
- A proposal for a program must be submitted to the Assistant Provost for Professional and Continuing Studies by a professional member of the Division.
- The Assistant Provost will review the proposed project and after giving it preliminary approval, will submit it for approval by the chair and/or dean of the academic unit to which the content area of the proposal most directly relates.
- Upon final approval by the appropriate chair and/or dean and the Director, a memorandum of agreement will be prepared by the professional member and submitted to the off-campus organization involved. The agreement will include 1) a detailed budget, including the time of all professionals and staff personnel to be included in the budget as direct costs or a fixed indirect cost recover rate, 2) program details, 3) time period of agreement, 4) cancellation privileges, and 5) specific financial arrangements, i.e., 50/50 sharing of any surplus or deficit remaining after all budgeted expenses (or direct costs) have been paid.
- The memorandum will be submitted to the off-campus organization for formal approval.
- The off-campus organizations to which this policy applies will be limited to professional organizations and other nonprofit organizations whose primary objective or function is educational or cultural.
- This policy will be initiated only when no other avenue is open with the off-campus organization for cooperative development or resource sharing.
- The Division of Professional and Continuing Studies will be the fiscal agent for the agreement and will collect and dispense funds in accordance with University of Delaware accounting practices.