Plaques and Signage
|Section:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services Policies|
|Policy Name:||Plaques and Signage|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services|
|Origination Date:||October 28, 1996|
|Legacy Policy Number:||2-19|
- PURPOSETo provide consistent, simple and uniform signage and plaque standards within the University campus in order to facilitate preparation and maintenance and enhance appearance.
- POLICYIt is the responsibility of the Facilities Planning and Construction Department (FP&C) to oversee ordering and fabricating all plaques and signs and to maintain signage and plaque standards and specifications. This includes all exterior and interior signs, and identification, dedication, and recognition plaques.
- Units in need of plaques and/or signs should contact FP&C.
- For small orders, interior signs will be directly ordered through a Facilities Management Work Order to Lock and Hardware Services.
- In all other instances, FP&C’s designated Signage Coordinator will meet with the requesting unit to review their requirements and identify the type of sign needed.
- Based on these requirements, FP&C will make a recommendation of type and size of sign and advise regarding cost and schedule.
- All text for plaques should be prepared by the requestor. FP&C will review the text and obtain approval from the Office of Alumni and University Relations.
- All text for signs, including names and titles, will be prepared by the requestor and reviewed and approved by FP&C.