Non-Exempt Staff Promotion/Transfer
|Section:||Human Resources Policies|
|Policy Name:||Non-Exempt Staff Promotion/Transfer|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Office of Human Resources|
|Legacy Policy Number:||4-97|
- SCOPE OF POLICYThis policy establishes the University’s policy for filling vacancies in non-exempt positions.
- Promotion: a movement of an employee from one position to another position in a higher pay grade.
- Transfer: a movement of an employee from one position to another position within the same pay grade.
- POLICY STATEMENTThe University supports the professional advancement of all of its employees and encourages eligible employees to seek promotions and transfers within the institution. Candidates for vacancies will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications, experience and ability. Other factors being relatively equal, preference will be given to the promotion/transfer of current University employees.
- POLICY STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
- Non-exempt employees are eligible for promotion/transfer upon successful completion of their probationary period or after having been in their current position for 90 calendar days. Requests for exceptions to this requirement are subject to approval by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Non-exempt employees may visit the UD Jobs website to learn about and apply for current job opportunities within the University.
- The University may make temporary transfers (up to 90 calendar days) within and among departments in order to meet operational requirements.
- Compensation for non-exempt employees who are promoted or transferred will be reviewed by the Office of Compensation and Classification.