University of Delaware

New Program for Engaged Leaders

First class of Community Engagement AmbassadorsIs service a part of your daily life at UD? Are you looking for a leadership position that compliments your involvement in service? The Community Engagement Ambassadors program might be for you!

Community Engagement Ambassadors are campus leaders, peer educators, and innovators in the UD community. They engage the undergraduate student body in community engagement and service, while strengthening and expanding student awareness and involvement in community engagement. Essentially, Ambassadors are leaders on campus that help other students find their fit in community engagement, building leadership skills along the way.

If you work as a UDaB site leader, engage in service abroad, take service learning courses, serve on the board of an RSO related to service, belong to a Greek organization committed to service, or dedicate your time to public service, apply to be a Community Engagement Ambassador today.

Apply today!

FAQ

I have questions about the program before I apply.  Who can I talk to?

Valerie Lane, Coordinator, Community Engagement Initiative.  You can also attend the interest meeting on Wednesday, March 15,  from 6 to 7 p.m. in Allison Hall 222.

How much time is needed to be an Ambassador?

5 hours per week

How long does the program run?

September — May (the academic year)

Is this a paid position?

Ambassadors are paid a stipend of $1,000 per academic year

What am I doing as an Ambassador?

Ambassadors meet with students to talk about getting involved in service and community engagement, plan local service projects, develop and facilitate training programs related to reflection on service, help with the Community Engagement Initiative and its partnerships, and much more!

I’m doing a study abroad, can I still apply?

If you are studying abroad in the fall 2017 or spring 2018 semester, unfortunately you are not eligible to be an Ambassador.  Because this is an important leadership position to the student body at UD, we really need students who will be on campus! If you are studying abroad for winter session, however, you can still apply!

When is the application deadline?

April 7, 2017

Is there an interest meeting I could go to for more information?

Absolutely!  March 15, 6-7 p.m. in Allison 222.

I’m ready to apply!  Where do I go?

Fill out the online application form, here: https://oslforms.wufoo.com/forms/community-engagement-ambassadors-application/