What to do if your child is sick
- If your child is very sick or hurt very badly and it is an emergency, take your phone and dial 911 to call for an ambulance to take you to a local hospital.
- If your child is sick and it is not an emergency, call your doctor to make an appointment. If you do not have a doctor or if the doctor’s office is closed, go to a Medical Aid Unit, such as:
- Take Care Health at Walgreens: 216 Suburban Drive, Newark, DE 19711 (Suburban Plaza, near Christina Mill, Studio Green, and West Knoll apartments) Phone: 302-456-6760
- Glasgow Medical Aid Unit: 2600 Glasgow Ave, Newark, DE 19702 (Peoples Plaza, on Route 40) Phone: 302-836-8350
- Christiana Care Medical Aid Unit: 550 South College Ave, Suite 115, Newark DE 19711 Phone: 302-533-7148
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Other Health Resources:
- Dr. Mohammad Khan: 266 South College Ave, Newark, DE 19711 Phone: 302-449-5791
- Star Medical Campus – Nurse Managed Health Care: 540 South College Ave, Suite 130, Newark, DE 19711 Phone: 302-831-3195
- St. Francis Center of Hope
- Westside Family Healthcare