Here are a few tips for keeping your children healthy:
- Allow enough time for a healthy breakfast before school
- Three nutritious meals each day (Click here to learn more about shopping for meals in Newark)
- Healthy snacks: Avoid candy except on special occasions
- Brush teeth after each meal, at least 2 times a day
- Plenty of outside play time during the day
- Parents help their children with homework
- Avoid too much TV
- Avoid too much time playing video games
- Bedtime at 8:00 – 8:30 p.m. on week nights
- A “well child” doctor appointment every year
- A dentist check-up appointment every six months
Have a regular bedtime routine
- Most young children go to bed by 8:00-8:30. They need 10-12 hours of sleep.
- Research shows that children who get enough sleep each night, and have a regular bedtime routine, stay healthy and do better in school.
- Note: Most American parents do not allow young children to drink coffee.