Students at the University of Delaware ELI are required to have certain immunizations and medical tests before coming to Delaware. Please see the information below for details.
All ELI students from a country that has been identified as “high-risk” must be tested for Tuberculosis (Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Test, also known as the “PPD” test). Click here to see the most current list of “high-risk” countries for TB.
After being tested, the student’s doctor must complete the “Tuberculosis” section of the student’s Immunization Form.
If you did not get tested before coming to Delaware, you will be required to take the PPD test at the University of Delaware Student Health Services clinic after you arrive. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- The Tuberculosis PPD test costs US $5.
- Students who have a positive PPD test must take the Quantiferon test, which costs US $40.
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
All ELI students are required to be vaccinated with at least 1 dose of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine before coming to Delaware. The date of the vaccine must be written on the student’s Immunization Form.
Note: Students who plan to pursue a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree at the University of Delaware will be required to obtain the second dose of the MMR vaccine during their first semester of full-time university study.
- Students who obtain the MMR vaccine in Delaware must pay US $60.
- We highly recommend that students obtain the MMR vaccine in their home country, as it is likely to be cheaper. Students who obtain the MMR vaccine in their home country must bring their proof of immunization to Delaware on their first day of Orientation so that they can avoid being vaccinated again (and to avoid paying the fee).
The Meningococcal vaccine is not required by Delaware State Law.
The University of Delaware Student Health Services (on-campus clinic) is required to inform students about the vaccine. Students must choose be vaccinated or to decline the vaccine (students can indicate their choice on their Immunization Form).
Download the University of Delaware ELI’s medical forms:
- Click here to download the University of Delaware Immunization Form.
- Click here to download the ELI Health History Form.
Click here to see information about the University of Delaware’s health insurance requirements for ELI students.