Before beginning their regular university coursework for their Bachelor’s degree, CAP students must first satisfy certain English language requirements by studying at the ELI.
Undergraduate CAP students must achieve the following grades:
|English for Academic Purposes
|Minimum Grade Required|
|Final Essay||6.5 points (7 points is the maximum)|
||1 (excellent) or 2 (satisfactory)|
Each of the above requirements must be met in the student’s final session.
If you are currently studying at the ELI, there are many resources available to help you to understand what is required of you and to achieve the objectives listed above. Please visit our CAP Student Center, located online in our Current Student Portal to learn more.
If you have questions about the grade requirements or if you need academic assistance, there are several CAP Advisors available to you. Please request an appointment with a CAP Academic Advisor:
- Request an appointment with Erin Bastien, CAP Advisor
- Request an appointment with Karen Asenavage, Associate Director, Academic Programs
- Benefits of CAP
- CAP program structure
- “CAP Cohort Model”
- English for Academic Purposes – description
- English requirements for undergraduate CAP students
- Time needed to complete English courses
- CAP partner colleges and universities
- Faculty advisors and student mentors
- Apply for CAP (Undergraduate)
- Apply for CAP (Graduate)
Ask a Question about the Conditional Admissions Program
Thank you for your interest in the Conditional Admissions Program! Please enter your question in the form below. We will respond to you by email within 1-2 business days.