Live in an apartment with an American student!
Introducing Rittenhouse Station Apartments, the International Living/Learning Community for ELI students!
These beautiful off-campus apartments, which finished construction during the summer of 2012, are located close to the university campus and offer many exciting features, including special cultural programming and living with American students.
Learn more about Rittenhouse Station
- What is the International Living/Learning Community?
- Special note for CAP/Pre-CAP students
- Payment and contract information
- Reserve a room in Rittenhouse Station
- Contact Rittenhouse Station
- View photos
These apartments offer:
- Four bedrooms (with 1 student in each bedroom)
- Two bathrooms
- Full kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Furniture in living/dining room: sofa, coffee table, end table, dining room table/chairs
- Furniture in each bedroom: twin-sized (single) bed, nightstand, chest of drawers
- Washing machine and dryer
- 42″ flat screen TV with an Apple TV console
- Integrated iPad
- Security system – with the ability to use the iPad to see visitors at the front door of the building
- Sports areas (cardio center, volleyball court, basketball court)
- Off-campus location that is close to University of Delaware campus and other ELI apartments
At Rittenhouse Station, we have created an “International Living/Learning Community,” allowing ELI students to live with American students.
Each 4-bedroom apartment will contain 3 ELI students and 1 American student (called the “American Global Fellow,” or AGF). The role of the AGF will be to help his/her ELI roommates in the following ways:
- Helping them to practice their English and develop their intercultural communication skills
- Developing an “integration plan” for them (to help ELI students to join campus life more easily)
- Having dinner with ELI students once every two weeks, sharing each other’s food and culture, and leading discussions at the dinner table
- Participating with them in several organized activities and groups, including Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), campus events, study sessions, cultural visits, etc.
Living in Rittenhouse Station meets the housing requirements for CAP/Pre-CAP students. Limited spaces are available in Rittenhouse Station, so priority for housing reservations here is given to CAP/Pre-CAP students.
Each ELI student must pay a rent of US $2,000 for each session (7-8 weeks).
- A deposit of $250 must also be paid; however, it will be returned to the student after he/she moves out if the apartment is left in good condition.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
Students will be charged for their accommodations at Rittenhouse Station on their ELI tuition bill. Rent must be paid before each session begins (at the same time that students pay their ELI tuition and fees) in order to avoid a late fee of $50. Payment can be made with credit card, money order (made out to the University of Delaware), or cash.
Students are required to sign a lease (a contract) to stay at Rittenhouse Station for the session.
For more information about Rittenhouse Station International Living/Learning Community, please contact the ELI Housing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main office of Rinttenhouse Station is located at 250 Elkton Road, Suite 107, Newark, Delaware 19711. Their phone number is 1-888-858-7487, and their email is email@example.com.
Note: The ELI Housing Team is in charge of assigning housing for ELI students at Rittenhouse Station. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.