The University of Delaware provides several dining options for ELI students. In addition, all ELI housing options include access to kitchens, allowing students to prepare their own meals.
- Dining options for ELI students
- Meals with dining points
- Flex points
- On-campus dining facilities
- Off-campus dining options
There are three dining options for ELI students:
- 50 “anytime” meals with $140 dining points
- 25 “anytime” meals with $65 dining points
- “Flex” points
Prices (until August 2015):
- 50 “anytime” meals with $140 dining points: $727.00
- 25 “anytime” meals with $65 dining points: $379.00
Note: Any unused meals or dining points cannot be reimbursed to a student. These plans are only good for two sessions (approximately four months). If a plan is purchased half-way through one session, it will only be valid until the end of the following session.
You must purchase a Meal Plan at the ELI cashier’s window at 189 West Main Street.
For more information, go to the Meal Plan website, or visit the ELI cashier’s window.
A Flex account is a declining balance account. Flex points can be used in all dining locations and in many other places on campus, such as the University Bookstore. They cannot be used as payment for ELI activities.
Advantages of Flex Points
- Any unused Flex points can be reimbursed to the student after he/she has finished studying at the ELI.
- There is no “expiration date” on Flex points.
- Flex points can be used as long as a student is enrolled in ELI or the University.
For more information, visit the Flex Account website
You can go to the ELI cashier’s window at 189 West Main Street to find out how to use Flex.
At lunch time – when you are busy on campus, you may want to eat at the one of the University of Delaware facilities. The University has five dining halls, two food courts, six snack bars and three campus markets located around the campus to serve students. A wide variety of foods are offered at each.
Newark is a small town with many restaurants that are meant for university students. There are many pizza and sandwich shops as well as ethnic restaurants within walking distance. On Main Street you will find Arabic, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Italian and Mexican restaurants.
The Off Campus Meal Plan (OCMP) is accepted at most of the local restaurants. Click here to view information about purchasing OCMP online.