Thank you for your interest in the Conditional Admissions Program (CAP)! We are happy to help you with your application.
Please follow these instructions very carefully.
1. Select at least one university that participates in CAP.
- Click here to see the list of CAP partner colleges and universities.
- Verify that the university that you have selected offers the major that you want.
2. Complete the application for admission for the university that you have selected.
- For University of Delaware Graduate Programs, complete the online application.
- For programs at CAP Partner Institutions other than the University of Delaware, please visit the website of the institution you have chosen and complete the appropriate application.
3. Submit required documents to the university.
- Follow the instructions on the university’s admissions website about how and when to submit required documents. Each university has different processes, so it is important to follow these instructions carefully.
- If you need assistance, contact CAPadmissions@udel.edu.
4. Submit the ELI CAP online application and pay the $100 application fee.
- This application is required, and it will help you to obtain the fastest service in your admissions process.
5. Submit documents to ELI.
The following documents should be submitted to the ELI by email at CAPadmissions@udel.edu:
- Bank statement
- Letter of sponsorship (click here to see sample letters)
Important things to know:
- Mark your calendar! It takes approximately 8 weeks (after receiving all required admissions documents) to receive an admissions decision. Due to the high volume of email messages that we receive, we ask you not to contact the university or the ELI Admissions Office for an admissions update until after 8 weeks have passed since you completed your application.
- If your application is incomplete, or if there is a problem with your application, we will contact you by email.
- You will receive your admissions decision by email.
By submitting the application to the ELI, the applicant:
- Certifies that the information submitted on the application is correct.
- Certifies that he/she is registering for this program and that he/she is responsible for meeting all costs associated with the program.
- Gives the ELI permission to report his/her progress updates and transcripts to his/her sponsor (if applicable).
- Understands that, if he/she cancels his/her enrollment more than 30 days before my session start date, he/she will be eligible for a refund of the tuition deposit (less the express mail fee, if unpaid at the time that the application was submitted). The applicant understands that he/she will not be eligible for a refund of his/her tuition deposit until his/her original I-20 form (or DS-2019 form) is returned to the ELI.
- Understands that the ELI will not defer his/her start date more than 2 times; if the applicant attempts to change his/her start date a third time, the ELI will cancel his/her admission.
- Understands that, if he/she enters the United States using the ELI’s I-20 form and then fails to enroll at the ELI (example: if he/she transfers to a different school without attending at least 1 session at the ELI), he/she will be charged a $300 Early Withdrawal Administration Fee.
- Agrees to the ELI Refund Policy.
- Certifies that he/she has read these terms and conditions and the ELI’s housing conditions.