Through an unwavering commitment to excellence and renewal, the ELI faculty and staff endeavor each day to enhance our reputation as a leader among intensive English programs. Our leadership is based on a clear understanding of our goals and the means to achieve them.
As teachers, tutors, administrators and staff, we strive to:
- Meet or exceed our students’ expectations for developing their linguistic, academic, and professional skills.
- Contribute to international understanding by engaging students in meaningful inter-cultural exploration.
- Provide our students with the support and services they require to make the transition from their own countries to life in the United States.
- Meet the ordinary and extraordinary needs of our students, ensuring that their experience at ELI is productive and fulfilling.
- Recruit only the most talented and experienced English language specialists and staff and promote their continued professional growth.
- Assume personal responsibility for solving problems, value each other as highly as we do our clients, and support each other in our work.
- Manage our resources, attaining financial viability without compromising the outstanding value of an ELI education.
- Enrich the University of Delaware and the local community, fostering cross-cultural communication and interaction.
Adopted May 19, 1999