The English Language Institute (ELI) is housed on the University of Delaware campus in a graceful mansion and in several nearby annex buildings. In ELI buildings you will find classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, our state-of-the-art Self-Access Learning Center, and our Tutoring Center. Each classroom is equipped with wireless internet and a variety of multi-media technologies. All buildings are within easy walking distance of each other.
Each ELI student receives a University of Delaware Student ID Card, as well as a University email account. With your ID card, you can access many University of Delaware facilities and services, including:
- over 30 computing sites on campus where students can access the internet, check email, and complete classroom assignments,
- UD’s Morris Library, at the center of campus, with nearly three million books and advanced state-of-the art technology for information retrieval,
- 3 large, fully equipped gyms, two indoor ice-skating rinks (for use even in the summer), an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool, and many soccer fields, basketball, and tennis courts,
- a concert hall, two theaters, and a professional arts center with many artistic and cultural events,
- dining halls and food courts located throughout campus, and
- a free UD shuttle bus.