UD’s Commitment to Diversity and Excellence
Our University is committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive campus that reflects our collective views, experiences, capabilities, cultures, aspirations, and ultimately our commitment to excellence.
Educational communities, such as ours, are enriched by the contributions and full participation of people from different backgrounds.
Toward those ends, the University seeks to:
- Increase the racial and cultural diversity of its students, faculty and staff.
- Create a climate that expects and encourages all members of the University community to respect and appreciate individual and cultural differences.
- Promote equity for people of different backgrounds throughout all areas of University life.
- Develop organizational practices that include the participation and perspectives of these groups.
- Enhance the curriculum by including the contributions and perspectives of different races, cultures and genders.
The University is creating a Diversity Action Plan to guide its progress in achieving these goals. The plan is being developed during the 2015-16 academic year under the direction of the vice provost for diversity with input from the UD community. Read a preview of the action plan.
#VoicesOfUDel began as a series of YouTube videos in which University students, staff, and faculty have an open conversation about the value of building a community that values the rich diversity of all its members.