Advancing Inclusive Excellence
Our University is committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive campus that reflects our collective views, experiences, capabilities, cultures, aspirations, and ultimately our commitment to excellence.
Educational communities, such as ours, are enriched by the contributions and full participation of people from different backgrounds.
Toward those ends, the University seeks to:
- Increase the racial and cultural diversity of its students, faculty and staff.
- Create a climate that expects and encourages all members of the University community to respect and appreciate individual and cultural differences.
- Promote equity for people of different backgrounds throughout all areas of University life.
- Develop organizational practices that include the participation and perspectives of these groups.
- Enhance the curriculum by including the contributions and perspectives of different races, cultures and genders.
Diversity Action Plan
The University has created a Diversity Action Plan to guide its progress in achieving the goals listed above. The plan was developed during the 2015-16 academic year under the direction of the vice provost for diversity with input from the UD community. View the Diversity Action Plan. The Diversity Action Plan has also been made available in spanish. Ver un plan de acción para la diversidad en la UD. (Last Updated September 9, 2016)
Sign up for our email newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest news and events by signing up for our monthly electronic newsletter here.
In the Spotlight
Saleem H. Ali joined the University of Delaware as Blue and Gold Distinguished Professor of Energy and the Environment on Sept. 1.
He will have responsibilities in the Department of Geography, which is housed in the College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment (CEOE), and in the Center for Energy and Environmental Policy (CEEP) in the College of Arts and Sciences. Read More…