UD’s Commitment to Diversity and Excellence
Our University is committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive campus that reflects our collective views, experiences, capabilities, cultures, aspirations, and ultimately our commitment to excellence.
Educational communities, such as ours, are enriched by the contributions and full participation of people from different backgrounds.
Toward those ends, the University seeks to:
- Increase the racial and cultural diversity of its students, faculty and staff.
- Create a climate that expects and encourages all members of the University community to respect and appreciate individual and cultural differences.
- Promote equity for people of different backgrounds throughout all areas of University life.
- Develop organizational practices that include the participation and perspectives of these groups.
- Enhance the curriculum by including the contributions and perspectives of different races, cultures and genders.
Diversity Action Plan
The University has created a Diversity Action Plan to guide its progress in achieving the goals listed above. The plan was developed during the 2015-16 academic year under the direction of the vice provost for diversity with input from the UD community. View the Diversity Action Plan
The Difficult Conversation
A team of students created “A Difficult Conversation,” a documentary discussing race relations at the University of Delaware. It was filmed and edited by juniors Jordan McBride, Tia Hill, Russel Kogan, Branham Menard and seniors Georgina Class-Peters, and Dana Hufe.
Warning: this video may contain offensive language.