Once established, the Cardiovascular Research Core will have the capability to provide the following services to COBRE investigators and others:
- Brachial artery flow mediated (FMD) with and without nitroglycerin
- Assessment of microvascular function via laser Doppler of cutaneous circulation
- Carotid artery intima-media thickness (IMT) measurements
- Standard and Doppler Carotid ultrasound
- Measures of arterial stiffness and wave reflection (pulse wave velocity (PWV), augmentation index
- Arterial waveform analysis (PWA)
- Central aortic pressure
- Cardiac echocardiography
- Heart rate variability
- Exercise testing in collaboration with the UD Nurse Managed Health Center
- Custom Vascular Studies: CVRC will be well equipped to handle customized studies with existing equipment or with investigator’s equipment.
- Cell culture facilities
- Biostatistical support
Personnel support will include ultrasound expertise, cell culture support, a research nurse, and support for graded exercise testing.