M.B.A., Executive MBA Program, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, Inaugural class of 2004.
Major: Business Administration and Finance.
Bachelor of Science, Business, Marymount College, Tarrytown, New York.
M.S. course work, Wilmington University, New Castle, Delaware.
Human Behavior, Research and Evaluation, Ethics: Principles and Practices.
PMP, The Project Management Institute,Pennsylvania, 2000.
Designation: Project Management Professional
SCRUM Master, Agile Infusion,Philadelphia,Pennsylvania, 2007.
Designation: Certified SCRUM Master
- UD Organizational Learning Solutions
- PMI Certified Project Management Course
- Executive Education and Graduate Programs
- MISY840: Information Technology Project Management
- Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI): Project Management Workshop, 2013
CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES AND PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS
“Implementing Cornell’s Inventory Management System at Penn State”, paper presentation at CAUCUS 1993, Software AG College and University User’s Group.
“Implementing a Fleet Management System”, project presented at the Big 10 and Midwestern Universities Transportation and Parking Conference, University Park, 1996.
“Fundamentals of Project Management”, a four hour seminar presented to Penn State faculty and staff through the Human Resource Development Center, 1997 – 1998.
“Team Enterprise – Project Briefing”, project presentation at Oracle ROI Series CFO Tour,New York, 2002. Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i phase one deployment.
Customer Relationship Management Process Improvement, invited panel discussant at Oracle Apps World,San Diego, 2003.
“Team Enterprise – Project Briefing”, project presentation at Oracle Apps World,San Diego, 2003. Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i phase two deployment.
“Creating Value in a Mid-Market Telecommunications Company”, project presentation at Oracle Apps World,San Diego, 2004.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ACHIEVEMENTS
- Lead the turn-around of a poorly engineered data center implementation for a large customer in a hosted data center environment. This involved re-engineering a complex high availability storage solution with assistance from EMC and internal storage engineers. The result was sustained customer satisfaction and performance.
- Managed the development and implementation of an automated software Quality Assurace Regression Testing System. The cross functional project team including off-shore resources achieved a 25% savings in QA labor.
- Oracle 11i eBusiness Suite ERP: Led the successful integration of four acquisitions and six financial systems into a single global platform offering multiple currencies and languages. Reduced closing cycle time 50%, improved DSO 10% and cut A/R $3.4M for C-COR Corporation.
- Cut engineering change order process time 85%
- Reduced inventory supply 20%, increased inventory turns 25%
- Modules deployed include manufacturing, purchasing, inventory management,
planning, order management, engineering and the full suite of financials
- Supported major cultural, operational and personnel related merger integrations as a member of the corporate leadership team. Drove team building and process improvement initiatives, which accelerated integration cycles.
- Consolidated corporate telecommunications, and voice, data and Internet connections to 13 countries under a single vendor and network. Lowered cost 25% while enhancing security, system reliability and features.
- ROI Systems: Led the selection/installation of a fully integrated ERP system to replace legacy applications in a record five months for a start-up manufacturer of scientific products.
- Designed a comprehensive RFP process to identify and select key vendors and technology platforms offering the best value. Lowered capital, operating and maintenance costs by sourcing of commercially available technologies.
- Garnered recognition as a specialist in first-ever deployments of IT business process re-engineering and supply chain management that became the best practice standards for other Big 10 universities. This was a University-wide project at Penn State.
- Implemented one of the first JIT EDI supply chain systems with vendor-managed inventory in partnership with VWR Scientific. Cut inventory costs by 30%+ annually while improving controls and streamlining handling/disposal of laboratory supplies/chemicals at Penn State.
- Eliminated 37% of office supplies costs by structuring an EDI process with Boise Cascade that accelerated ordering and delivery of office supplies. Led to the development of a joint consortium for the purchase of office supplies within the Big 10 Conference.
- Human Resource and Payroll integration projects, Ulti-pro and Oracle 11i, Humanic and ADP.
- Revamped the network infrastructure used by 500-car fleet operations from mainframe and manual processes to deploy the first client/server application with web-based requisitioning system and online dispatching and billing at Penn State.
- Won a Federal Grant award from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to support and grow enrollment in the Nuclear Engineering Technology program.
- The Project Management Institute, member since March 1996
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association, member since May 2004
- National Association of Female Executives, member since August 2006
- The SCRUMAlliance, member since November 2007
- Committee for After School Childcare, Chairperson, 1995
- Board of Directors, Industrial Modernization Council, 2001 – 2002
- Loaned Executive, United Way, 2003
- Selection & Recruitment Committee,Leadership Centre County(LCC), 1996 – 1999
- Catholic Social Services Christmas Program, 1995 – 2004
- PAWS for People Volunteer, Certified Pet Therapy Team and fundraising campaign team lead, April 2008 – 2010
- PMI, Beta tester of the myPMI mobile app, September 2012
- New Castle 100 Archers Archery Club Officer, Recording Secretary, January 2013 to present