Leave Request Form
Please complete the form below and click SUBMIT.
Deadline to submit form: Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
- Forms submitted after the deadline listed above will not be processed.
- Students may not miss classes in order to travel.
- You must have permission from the ELI to travel outside of the USA.
- You must have permission from the ELI to travel inside of the USA if your travel plans will make you miss classes.
- You do not need permission from the ELI to travel inside of the USA if your travel plans will not make you miss classes (i.e., if you are traveling on the weekend or during the break between sessions).
- You will receive a response (i.e., an answer) about your travel request between February 10-14, 2014.
- You will receive a message by email once the travel form is complete.
- It is not necessary to make an appointment with an ELI Admissions Counselor to talk about your travel plans. ELI staff does not give permission to travel based on student meetings; instead, we look at your travel plans and your student records before deciding about your travel.
- Please do not contact the ELI about your travel request form unless it is after the deadline listed above and you still have not received a response about your travel (if that happens, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you need advice about making your travel plans, please contact email@example.com.
Travel terms and conditions
By submitting this form, I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I cannot miss classes a result of this travel unless I have written permission from an ELI administrator.
- If I have to miss classes as part of my travel plans, I must work with my teacher to make up any missed classwork.
- If I miss a final exam because of my travel plans, I will not have an opportunity to take the test at another time.
- If I must miss classes due to travel, I will be marked absent for those classes missed, regardless of whether I have received permission from an ELI administrator to miss classes.
- I have read the ELI’s attendance policy in my Student Handbook and I understand how absences affect my visa status.
- For government-sponsored students: I understand that the ELI is required to notify my sponsor about my travel plans. I also understand that I am responsible for getting permission from my sponsor to travel.
Important Note: Students are not permitted to return late from their travels. Any student who tries to return to the ELI later than the return date that was authorized will not be allowed to return to the ELI. Instead, the student will be required to skip a session. This often results in a Leave of Absence and termination of the student’s I-20 form and visa!