We’ve had a string of exciting updates from both our fabulous alumni and our exciting faculty. Here’s the latest dish:
- Dr. John Courtright has hit a yet another home run in national communication academic circles. He had been named the Editor of Human Communication Research, quite an honor for John and our department.
- Joy Stephenson, one of our recent grads, was featured in a UDaily story about Odyssey of the Mind – their team did really well in the world finals! Why to go “Weird Scientist”!
- UD’s COMM 425 class (Advanced Politics and Broadcast Journalism) of Spring 2011 won a national award for their documentary. “The Quiet Riot: Apathy and Activism” won an Honorable Mention in the National Federation of Press Women’s 2012 Communications Contest. The student conceived and produced documentary explores stereotypes of college students as apathetic, instead presenting a view of UD’s engaged and caring student community. The students were Communication and Political Science majors.
- Talent flows around here, we’ve got yet another COMM major, Maria Cahill from Newark, claiming the Miss Delaware crown! You KNOW she did will know how to promote her “Drive Safe Drive Smart” campaign!
- Two wonderful COMM undergraduates presented their own research this May, and a tiny little paper called “the New York Times” picked it up! What a “hit”!
Keep us posted on your successes, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org! We love to hear about your adventures!