A Day in the Garden – Sussex County Master Gardener Open House Sat. July 14, 2012
|July 3, 2012||Posted by MDW under Delaware Cooperative Extension, Master Gardeners, workshops|
Sussex Master Gardeners invite the public to “A Day in the Garden”
When: Saturday, July 14, 2012
Where: Demonstration Garden, behind Carvel REC, 16483 County Seat Highway, Georgetown
What: Sussex County Master Gardener Open House – annual event
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Parking: Free and ample!
Cost: Free to the public
Come get inspirational ideas for your garden – colorful photo opportunities abound in this annual open house of increasing popularity, more than 300 Sussex County residents and their families are anticipated to attend this open air event that will provide a multitude of events including:
- Plant sale
- Regular showings of the award-winning production of “The Adventures of Peter Rabbit in Farmer McGregor’s Garden” which delight children
- Expert advice at the Plant Clinic for vegetable and flower garden!
- Demonstration Garden labeled with native and non-native plants that are idea for Delaware’s climate and growing conditions!
- Garden Smart Garden Safe demonstrations on accessible gardening techniques and resources including tool demos and raised beds, etc.
- Mini-workshops on:
- Making Herbal Vinegar and Flavored Honey
- Shade Gardens
- Five Ways to Save in the Garden
- Free Tool Sharpening
- Much, much more
Talk with our Cooperative Extension experts and volunteer Master Gardeners who can provide advice, resources and inspiration for growing flower and vegetables and discovery of nature in Sussex County, Delaware. Did you know that in 2011, Master Gardeners donated nearly 6000 hours of service to their community. Many of those hours are spent planning and developing this beautiful teaching garden! We hope you will join us!
Visit the Open House “A Day in the Garden” website: http://ag.udel.edu/rec/Extension/MasterGardeners/OpenHouse.html (include photos from 2011 Open House event).