Assistant Professor Anuradha Sivaraman, Business Administration, is one of the most enthusiastic users of twitter on the UD campus. During this conversation, Anu talked with us about twitter increasing student participation in her courses, student engagement with class material outside of class time, and student enthusiasm for the subject matter.
She also spoke about her use of the Canvas learning management system, assessing student learning when she presents material via social media–or when students share material with each other, and several practical tips for using technology to enhance students’ learning.
Listen to the interview
Anu Sivaraman, Business Administration
About our guest
Anu Sivaraman, Assistant Professor, Business Administration, received her PhD in Marketing from the University of Houston in 2004. She began teaching at UD that fall and has garnered a reputation as one of the most enthusiastic teachers students will encounter. She is continually looking for ways to engage her students with the course material in her marketing classes. She was also one of the “early adopters” for teaching marketing classes that focus on Internet applications. Because of her use of technology, personally and professionally, she brings a unique perspective to her teaching and is a “natural” at mentoring other faculty in innovative uses of technology for student engagement and learning outcomes.
- University of Delaware Department of Business Administration
- @BlueHenProf twitter feed
- Assistant Professor of Marketing Anu Sivaraman (official UD page)
- Prof. Sivaraman talks about using blogs in teaching (video)
- Food For Thought: Role of Counterfactual Thinking in the Interpretation of Health Claims and Nutrition Information; Khaled Aboulnasr and Anu Sivaraman (2007), in NA – Advances in Consumer Research Volume 34, eds. Gavan Fitzsimons and Vicki Morwitz, Duluth, MN : Association for Consumer Research, Pages: 360-363.
- UDaily stories