BSU Exective Board

President
Jahaan Davis
senior
College of Arts & Sciences / Linguistics Major

I am passionate about educating the community on imperative issues. I am bold, spontaneous and I have a passion for being creative. I love art in any form, from writing to drawing or music itself. I admire the Black aesthetic and enjoy the essence of my Blackness and yours.

First Vice President
Gabrielle smith
junior
Interpersonal communications, major & ORGANIZATIONAL community leadership & journalism, minor

I am exited about what this year has inshore for the black community. As vice president I look forward to being of service to all students of the black community. The BSU is here for you!

Second Vice President
Khadia Baptiste
Senior
Double Major: Criminal Justice and Sociology with a concentration in Law and Society

I am from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. Upon graduating from the University of Delaware, I intend to attend law school. I aspire to become a lawyer to advocate for those who cannot advocate for themselves.

Treasurer
Natasha Williams
Senior
Double Major : Psychology and Sociology

My name is Natasha Williams and  I am treasurer of the the BSU. I am a senior double majoring in Psychology and Sociology.  It is my hope to become a counseling psychologist and have my own practice. In my free time I like to read and watch movies.

Secretary
Khyanne Chante’ DeShields
Senior
Health Behavior Science, Public Health minor

I am Khyanne, from Newark Delaware and I have been serving as the Black Student Union Secretary for 2 years. In the future, I plan on attending Public Health School and having a career in the Health field. The Black Student Union has taught me to be strong, use my voice, and has made me prouder to be who I am.

HISTORIAN
Tiona Coleman
Junior
Mass Communications Major (Journalism, BAMS, Advertising Minors)

I am a D.C native, but I’ve also lived in Maryland and have spent the past 5 years in Delaware. My passions lie in people, production, and football. I am glad to be part of this wonderful board and it is a great pleasure to be serving as your historian.

public relations chair
Eden Negusse
Sophomore
Political science with a concentration in Global studies

I was Born in Asmara, Eritrea and I speak Tigrinya and English. I want to join the peace corp and eventually work in the world court prosecuting crimes against humanity. My vision as an editor in chief is to have a collection of various art forms and highlight our Black student population.

Parliamentarian
Miata Smith
Sophomore
Neuroscience, major & Black American Studies, minor

I was born and raised in Fort Washington, Maryland. I am an aspiring leader, teacher, and doctor. I also enjoy meeting new people, playing basketball, and my favorite quote is “The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X

In everything I do I strive to embody Black excellence.

Council Board Member
Rachel Mariah DeLauder
Junior
Exercise Science, Double Minor: Dance and Theatre Performance

I’m originally from Durham, NC, and aspire to become an Actress, philanthropist, and physical therapist. I value hard-work, dedication, and resiliency, with a purpose to help and serve others. This is my first year with BSU. PS: Black is beautiful everyday!