MAJOR/MINOR CHANGE PROCESS
26 North College Avenue 004 Carpenter Sports Building
To request a change of major or minor:
From your UDSIS home screen:
- Select “Change Major/Minor …” from the “Web Forms” blue box.
- When the screen comes up, enter your phone number with dashes.
- Scroll down to where your current major is listed and select “delete” (or “keep” if you are adding a second major).
- On the next line, select your new desired major from the drop down menu and then select “add”.
- If adding/changing a minor, follow the same directions on the “minor” line. If not, simply ignore the “minor” line.
- On the grad term line, select your anticipated graduation term.
- Click on the “add line” bar.
- Go to the bottom right button and select the button to continue to the next page.
- Once the next page comes up, review and make sure it summarizes what you are trying to do (for example – delete your major and add a new one). If it is correct, add your reason for requesting the change in the box indicated and then select the button to submit your request.
- Next, select the “Out Basket” tab and check to confirm that your request is listed. The person listed as “Current Holder” is who your request has been sent to for approval. If your request is not listed in your “Out Basket”, it was not processed correctly and you should go through the process again.
Requests are usually responded to within 48 hours.
To request majors in:
First, students must carefully review the Introduction to Nutrition Majors powerpoint to be sure they are choosing the best major for them. Then, students must schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor before submitting the change of major request. Students with last names A-M should make an appointment with Emily Lodyga, and students with last names N-Z should make an appointment with Sue Coffing using the UDSIS Appointment System. Following the appointment, the student then makes their request via the “Change of Major, Minor, Concentration and Graduation Term” webform on UDSIS. Any student that has a GPA of 2.0 or higher and met with an advisor will be approved to change to Applied Nutrition or Nutritional Sciences.
To request major in:
All students interested in the Dietetics major begin in the Applied Nutrition major. Before requesting a change of major to Dietetics, students must carefully review the Introduction to Nutrition Majors powerpoint to be sure they are choosing the best major for them. Students must ensure that they meet the requirements listed below. Once all of the requirements have been met, the student then makes their request via the “Change of Major, Minor, Concentration and Graduation Term” webform on UDSIS. Any student that meets the requirements below will be approved to change to Dietetics.
To apply to the Dietetics major, students must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of 40 credits (12 of which must be at UD), including the following courses:
- NTDT 200 (Nutrition Concepts)
- NTDT 250 (Intro to the Nutrition Care Process)
- CHEM 101 and 102 (General Chemistry I and II)
- CHEM 213/215 (Organic Chemistry Lecture and Lab)
- BISC 205 (Biology for Health Sciences)
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
To request majors in:
Students are not required to meet with an advisor before changing their major to Health Behavior Science. Students may submit their request via the “Change of Major, Minor, Concentration and Graduation Term” webform in UDSIS. Any student that has a minimum 2.0 GPA will be approved to change to Health Behavior Science. Any student that has completed CHEM103 or CHEM107 (C- or better) and has a GPA of 2.75 or higher will be approved to change to Health Behavior Science with a Concentration in Health and Disability.
To request minors:
Freshmen and/or transfer students must wait until after first semester grades have been posted to request and be approved into the minors. For curricular information about a minor and/or for application process instructions, please select the following: