CONVOCATION & COMMENCEMENT
- How to make an appointment
- Course Add Request
- Course Breadth Listing
- HBS Curriculum Exception Request
- Nutrition Program Information Packet
- Change of Major/Minor
- Nutrition Registration Reminders
- HBS Registration Reminders
- BHAN Handbook
- HBS Internship Manual
- BHAN Practica Enrollment Information
Convocation and Commencement Information:
For family/guest travel and planning purposes, we are pleased to announce the following information about the Spring 2018 Convocation and Commencement Ceremonies:
BHAN Convocation Ceremony:
Note: This ceremony is for Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 graduates
Date: Friday, May 25th, 2018
Time: 12:30 pm
Location: “North Tent” located on the North Green – between Gore Hall and DuPont Hall.
The Convocation Ceremony is an event specifically for students in the Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition. This ceremony gives us an opportunity to recognize our students in a more personal way by acknowledging each one individually. No tickets are required for the ceremony; seating capacity of the tent is approximately 3,000.
University of Delaware Commencement Ceremony:
Date: Saturday, May 26th, 2018
Time: 9:00 am
Location: Delaware Stadium
The Commencement Ceremony is a university-wide event in which students proceed onto the field at Delaware Stadium, degrees are conferred by the President of the University, the graduating students are acknowledged by their respective colleges, and the commencement speaker delivers their address. It is recommended that degree candidates and guests arrive by 7:30 am. Student procession begins at 8:20 am.
Additional information is currently available and posted at www.udel.edu/commencement. More information about both the departmental Convocation and the UD Commencement ceremony will be forthcoming at www.udel.edu/commencement and on our departmental website, www.udel.edu/bhan .
Convocation Information for Graduating Students
Students should plan to arrive at Gore Hall (114 The Green, Newark, DE 19711) no later than 11:30 am. Signs will be posted in Gore Hall directing you to the robing room. Once in the robing room, you will receive instructions for robing and lining up for the processional.
- There is no registration or application required to participate in the ceremony.
- Upon arrival to Gore Hall please prepare to complete a Degree Candidate Name Card and a Career Services Survey Card.
- 1) Degree Candidate Name Card– Students will carry the completed Degree Candidate Name Card with them into the tent. If your name is often mispronounced, please write it phonetically on the card. This name card will be collected as you approach the stage to be announced.
- 2) Career Services Survey Card -The two-sided Career Services Survey Card should be completed and given to a faculty member in the robing room.
- Photographs of each graduate will be taken by a professional photographer as they exit the stage.
- Comfortable footwear is recommended since this is an outdoor event.
- Convocation is a dignified occasion and students are required to wear academic regalia (cap and gown). In order to maintain visual uniformity, students are directed to only wear current year’s regalia.
- Anyone who is noticeably intoxicated will be escorted from the ceremony and will not be permitted to participate in convocation.
- Food is not permitted. Water coolers will be stationed in the rear of the tent.
BHAN Convocation Information for Families
Due to the number of families and cars on campus on Friday, May 25, 2018, we are asking that families plan to arrive to the North Tent (located on the North Green between Gore Hall and DuPont Hall) between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm. Families may be seated beginning at 11:30 am. The Convocation ceremony will begin promptly at 12:30 pm and will last approximately one hour and thirty minutes. Please be advised that in the event of severe weather conditions, the ceremony may be altered or cancelled at the discretion of Public Safety.
- Keep in mind this is an outdoor event and dressing in layers and comfortable footwear is recommended.
- Special seating will be available for those persons with disabilities or the elderly and up to two of their guests.
- Closed captioning will be provided on one of the main screens.
- Parking information will be available mid-March at: https://sites.udel.edu/commencement
- Official photographers from GradImages will photograph each graduate as they exit the stage. Please remain seated during the ceremony to allow room for the professional photographer to take photos of the graduates. Photographs are available for purchase within 24-48 hours of the ceremony at: gradimages.com.
- At the conclusion of the convocation ceremony, please remain seated until the students have completed the recessional.
- Students and their guests may want to arrange for a pre-determined meeting place after the ceremony due to the number of attendees.