Behavioral Health & Nutrition
014 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Teacher Cognitions
- Students’ Perceptions of their Competence
- Teachers Perceptions of Students’ Competence
- Motivational Interventions to Increase Physical Activity and Social Interaction among Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dance Choreography
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, 1990
- M.S., Indiana University, 1977
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1976
- BHAN 145 Introduction to Physical Education
- BHAN 251 Skills & Techniques: Rhythms & Dance
- BHAN 416 Methods & Materials: Physical Education
- BHAN 465 Seminar in Health and Physical Education
- DANC 101 Introduction to the Art of Dance
- DANC 207 Dance Improvisation
- DANC 208 Dance Composition I
- DANC 308 Dance Composition II
- EDUC 400 Elementary & Secondary Student Teaching
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Member, National Association for Sport and Physical Education /National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NASPE/NCATE) Board of Program Reviewers (2011-present)
- Member, Policy Board, Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2003-2005)
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award, presented by Department of Health and Exercise Sciences (1997-1998).
- International Who’s Who in Sport Pedagogy Theory and Research (1994-1996).
- Vice President for Dance, Eastern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, (1994-1995).
- Who’s Who in American Education (1992-1995).
- President, Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 1992-1993.