Behavioral Health & Nutrition
016 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
- Physical Activity and Social Behavior of Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Inclusion of Children and Adolescents With Disabilities in Physical Activity Settings
- Ph.D., Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, 2004
- M.Sc. (EMDAPA), Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium, 2001
- M.Ed., Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic, 1998
- BHAN 342: Intro to Adapted Physical Activity
- BHAN 324: Measurement and Evaluation
- BHAN 319: Health Related Fitness
- BHAN 403: Practicum in Adapted Physical Activity
- BHAN 400, Student Teaching Supervision
- BHAN 445: Health, Physical Activity, and Disability
Honors, Awards and Major Professional Offices Held
- Christina Board of Education Citizenship Award, Christina School District, 2012.
- Editorial board member (2011-2014) and abstractor (2009-2013) for the Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly.
- Research Consortium Fellow, American Alliance for Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 2011.
- National Consortium for Physical Education and Recreation for Individuals with Disabilities, Member-at-Large, 2011-2013.
- North American Federation of Adapted Physical Activity, Secretary, 2008-2012.
- 1st Prize Merit Award – Pediatrics. Women & Children’s Health Research Conference. . University of Delaware, Newark.
- International Travel Award. Received funding to attend the 2009 International Symposium in Adapted Physical Activity, Gavle, Sweden.
- Fulbright-Palacky Grant: Council for International Exchange of Scholars, University of Virginia, 2000.
- Socrates/Erasmus Scholarship: European Master’s Degree in Adapted Physical Activity, Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium, 1999.