019 Carpenter Sports Building
Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition
College of Health Sciences
Newark, DE 19716
- B.S. (Hons), 1996, Kinesiology: Loughborough University, Leicestershire, England
- P.G.C.E., 1997, Physical Education: Loughborough University, Leicestershire, England
- M.S.HEd., 2000, Health Education: Arcadia University, Glenside, PA, USA
- Ph.D., 2002-07, Public Health: Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- 2015 – Current, Assistant Professor of Health Promotion, Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition, University of Delaware
- 2013 – 2015, Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (secondary appointment), Temple University College of Health Professions and Social Work
Co-Director, Social and Behavioral Health Division, Department of Public Health. Temple University College of Health Professions and Social Work
- 2010 – 2015, Assistant Professor of Public Health (Teaching and Instruction), Temple University College of Health Professions and Social Work
- 2009 –2010, Research Associate, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology, Center for Health Behavior Research.
- 2007 –2009, Post-Doctoral Associate, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Transdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Center.
- 2001 –2007, Project Manager and Smoking Cessation Counselor, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Transdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Center
- 1999 –2001, Project Coordinator, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Psychosocial and Behavioral Medicine Program
Honors and Awards
- 2015: Best Research Poster Award, Center for Cardiovascular Health Research Symposium, October 23 2015
- 2015: American Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) /Pfizer Early Career in Public Health Teaching Award
- 2014: College of Health Profession’s, Dean’s Incentive Research Award
- 2013-2014: Outstanding Service Award, Department of Public Health (Co-awardee with Dr. Jennifer Fisher, Professor of Public Health)
- 2014: Research Presentation American Student Dental Association Award, Anaheim, CA. Mentor to Bari Levine DMD, MPH (candidate)
- 2012-2013: Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Public Health
- 2010-2011: McNair Scholarship Mentor
- Daly, B. P., Jameson, J. P., Patterson, F., McCurdy, M., Kirk, A., & Michael, K. D. (2015). Sleep duration, mental health, and substance use among rural adolescents: Developmental correlates. Journal of Rural Mental Health, 39(2), 108-122.
- Carter, S. R., Walker, A., Abdul-Latif, S., Maurer, L., Masunungure, D., Tedaldi, E., & Patterson, F. (2015). Nice to your heart: A pilot community-based intervention to improve heart health behaviours in urban residents. Health Education Journal, 1-12. doi:doi: 10.1177/0017896915577400.
- Nair, U. S., Collins, B. N., Patterson, F., & Rodriguez, D. (2015). Promoting pre-quit physical activity to reduce cue reactivity among low-income sedentary smokers: A randomized proof of concept study. Contemp Clin Trials, 42, 158-166. doi:10.1016/j.cct.2015.03.002.
- Bass, S. B., Leader, A., Shwarz, M., Greener, J., & Patterson, F. (2015). Correlates to Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Status and Willingness to Vaccinate in Low-Income Philadelphia High School Journal of School Health, 85(8), 527-535. doi:10.1111/josh.12284
- Coleman, C., Wileyto, E. P., Lenhart, C., & Patterson, F. (2014). Multiple Health Risk Behaviors in Adolescents: An Examination of Youth Risk Behavior Survey Data. American Journal of Health Education, 45(271-277).