UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT RESOURCES
Shake Up Your Class Routine
Mind, Body, Wellness Classes
GRADUATE STUDENT RESOURCES
- Prospective & Current Students
- International Students
- Career Opportunities
- Dietetic Internship Graduate Certificate Program
- Health Coaching Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science in Health Promotion
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition
- Experiential/Service Learning Opportunities
- Convocation/Commencement Information
The Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition promotes health, well-being, and quality of life through innovative education, scholarship, and service.
Programs in this department focus on the physiological and psychosocial aspects of health, wellness, illness, and aging. With increasing understanding of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, coupled with nationwide attention on health problems such as obesity,diabetes, cardiovascular disease,osteoporosis, and osteoarthritis, there is an abundance of opportunity and challenge for newly educated professionals in the fields of health behavior science, health promotion, and nutrition and dietetics.
- We help to meet the health needs of an ever-changing society through innovative education across the lifespan.
- We foster scholarly inquiry within and across disciplines, and we integrate and apply new knowledge that contributes to improving lifespan health.
- We further improve lifespan health by reaching out and partnering with others on the UD campus, communities, professional organizations, the medical community, government agencies, business, and industry.
BHAN News & Events
Even though the heat was oppressive at the end (and still is), officially saying goodbye to summer still hurt. Labor Day has come and gone. Now September is officially in full-swing, which means one thing in particular: school is back in session. Back-to-school...read more
THE SCIENCE OF THE SUMMER GAMES Did you know that women are more likely than men to suffer an ACL injury? What are the shoulder mechanics behind a badminton swing? University of Delaware athletes, researchers and faculty team up to analyze the science behind some of...read more
DelawareOnline has highlighted a video interviewing UD’s students currently at the Olympics discussing what makes their Olympic experience so special:...read more