I’m programming the next step of the SMS application now. The goal is to go from the database that I made earlier to a KML track. With the exception of generating the KML data, all modules are working at the moment. I will be upgrading the database side from SQLCE 3.5 to 4.0, then combining [...]
Tag Archive 'surface mapping system'
The surface mapping application is finished. It checks the data for consistency (not as a numerical anlysis), and writes it to a database, possibly for later use as the source of a KML file for Google Earth or use in analysis software. I’ve written the documentation posted below. The SMSDatabase program was designed to import [...]
The database application is mostly finished. Using SQL Compact, it can read in a file name as a parameter passed into the program, correct missing or corrupt values, then save to a database. To be officially finished with the application I have some commenting to do and a couple subroutines to clean up in the [...]
I’ve started working on the full application for the SMS data. So far I have the application broken up into the different functions and will be pasting the working applications into each function. The database access still seems to be the most difficult part, although I’ve only roughly outlined the section to produce KML files [...]
I’ve found an easier solution to removing the bad Surface Mapping System (SMS) data instead of using a character mask as I had mentioned in my last post. The data will actually end up in several environments that will need to look at it as only numerical values. Each line I read in was separated [...]
Still coding the reader for the Surface Mapping System (SMS) data. Last week I got most functions working, the files are read in, converted to tab delimited, then stored in a main file. I’ve found that multiple file operations are actually much more efficient than manipulating a large file in memory. Originally all of the [...]